By Alfredo Ulloa-Aguirre, P. Michael Conn
Cellular Endocrinology in healthiness and Disease describes the underlying foundation of endocrine functionality, delivering an enormous software to appreciate the basics of endocrine illnesses. providing a complete overview of the fundamental technological know-how of endocrinology, from telephone biology to human sickness, this paintings explores and dissects the functionality of a couple of mobile platforms. between those are these whose functionality used to be no longer visible till lately, together with the endocrine features of bone and the adipose tissue.
Providing content material that crosses disciplines, Cellular Endocrinology in well-being and Disease information how mobile endocrine functionality contributes to method body structure and mediates endocrine problems. A tools part proves novel and necessary ways throughout learn concentration that would be appealing to scientific scholars, citizens, and experts within the box of endocrinology, in addition to to these drawn to mobile legislation. Editors Alfredo Ulloa-Aguirre and P. Michael Conn, specialists in molecular and mobile features of endocrinology, convey contributions conscientiously chosen for relevance, influence, and readability of expression from top box experts.
- Covers systemic endocrine motion on the mobile point in either healthiness and disease
- Delivers info at the integration of telephone id and endocrinology
- Incorporates contemporary advancements in endocrinology to supply an up to date connection with researchers
Read Online or Download Cellular Endocrinology in Health and Disease PDF
Similar endocrinology books
This e-book is an geared up method of figuring out bone progress and affliction. It integrates anatomic and radiologic wisdom of enchondral and membranous bone development and emphasizes the similarities of the physis and acrophysis in improvement. The art, together produced by means of artist and writer, illustrates the ideas defined.
Diabetes mellitus is likely one of the most typical clinical difficulties complicating being pregnant. reaching optimum results for diabetic girls and their fetuses calls for that care services hire the simplest info to be had. during this factor we've accumulated professional critiques and studies from leaders within the box of diabetes in being pregnant to supply the main updated details.
A definitive overview within the box of magnesium learn, this publication brings jointly the court cases of the eleventh foreign Magnesium Symposium in Osaka, Japan from October 22-26, 2006. Written via gurus within the region, the publication offers an intensive evaluation of growth within the quarter of magnesium learn.
Recurrent being pregnant Loss Edited byOle B Christiansen, MD, D. M. Sc. , Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen and AalborgUniversityHospital, Aalborg, Denmark Recurrent being pregnant Loss is a silent challenge for plenty of womenThe spontaneous lack of a being pregnant within the first 22 weeks is usually now not recorded because the mom wanted no scientific or surgery.
- Gonadotropins: from Bench Side to Bedside
- Research Regulatory Compliance
- The Endocrinology of Pregnancy and Parturition
- Surgical Endocrinopathies: Clinical Management and the Founding Figures
- Metabolism of Human Diseases: Organ Physiology and Pathophysiology
- Bioactive Food as Dietary Interventions for Diabetes
Additional info for Cellular Endocrinology in Health and Disease
46 More recently, it has been shown that gonadotrophs exhibit significantly different distributions across CELLULAR ENDOCRINOLOGY IN HEALTH AND DISEASE 37 REFERENCES physiological states,47 so it is likely that other cell types share a similar cell system architecture and plasticity. In fact, Nakane had observed close associations between somatotrophs and corticotrophs and between gonadotrophs and lactotrophs. 45 These cellÀcell associations are thought to have functional consequences, not only in the cells involved in the association, but also in the pituitary gland as a whole.
In this view, epithelial in vitro models derived from the study of PTH expression and secretion could help in the study of the regulation of PTH expression and secretion and the regulation of the cell cycle of the parathyroid cell. 4À6 In this chapter, parathyroid cell biology and physiologic regulation will be described, with an additional brief overview of the principal mechanisms in human parathyroid pathophysiology, namely parathyroid hyperplasia. , hypoparathyroidism) will be not covered in this chapter.
20. Tomaiuolo M, Bertram R, Gonzalez-Iglesias AE, Tabak J. Investigating heterogeneity of intracellular calcium dynamics in anterior pituitary lactotrophs usign a combined modelling/experimental approach. J Neuroendocrinol 2010;22:1279À89. 21. van Goor F, Zivadinovic D, Stojilkovic SS. Differential expression of ionic channels in rat anterior pituitary cells. Mol Endocrinol 2001;15:1222À36. 22. van Goor F, Li YX, Stojilkovic SS. Paradoxical role of large-conductance calcium-activated K1 (BK) channels in controlling action potential-driven Ca21 entry in anterior pituitary cells.